Play Therapy Training



UK University  Training Courses in Play Therapy

Training to be a qualified UK play therapist takes two to three years (part-time) at a British University. At the time of writing (February 2010) three universities offered courses:

Applicants are usually graduates or have an equivalent qualification such as Dip.SW. The courses typically combine academic work with supervised Play Thearpy sessions (which students are expected to arrange).

The British Association of Play Therapists have an information sheet on training to become a play therapist. BAPT will answer enquiries about training courses (please do NOT ask me). I recommend using their official email address.

British Association of Play Therapists, British Association of Play Therapists 1, Beacon Mews, South Road, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 9DZ. Tel: 01932 828638, Fax: 01932 820100. Email:

Connections Counselling Ltd (Registered in England: No.4361171)  
8 Grafton Road, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 3HA, UK 
Tel/Fax +44 (0)7050 694775/6  
© Nina Rye 2001-2006

[Play Therapy] [About Us] [Who For?] [Our Fees] [Training] [Info & Books]